Homeless Statistics from the Big Issue
The Big Issue reports:
- 2,440 people sleeping rough on a single night in autumn 2021. This is based on single night snapshot accounts, and is considered an under-estimate.
- The majority of people sleeping rough in England are male, aged over 26 years old and from the UK
- The Office for National Statistics found men who are living on the street outnumber women at a ratio of six to one.
- The London-only Combined Homeless and Information Network (CHAIN) figures showed 11,018 peoples were seen sleeping rough in London between April 2020 and March 2021.
- English councils helped 268,560 households to prevent or relieve homelessness between April 2020 and March 2021.
For the full article click here.